On 7/12/19 1:52 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
Hi Jaques,

Am 12.07.2019 um 20:43 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>:

On 7/12/19 9:10 AM, Devin Asay via use-livecode wrote:
On Jul 11, 2019, at 9:34 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

I think I asked this before but it isn't working now. I thought
specialFolderPath("resources") was okay for read-only files. It fails on
Android.

put specialFolderPath("resources") & "/tFolder/tFile.html" into tPath
set the url of widget "browser" to ("file://" & tPath)

I get an error that the file was not found. It's there, the folder was included in the
Copy Files pane in standalone settings. When I insert an answer dialog to view the path,
there's a string that ends with "...base.apk/tFolder/tFile.html" so I think
that's right.

Do I need more or fewer slashes?
J,
I don’t think you need the slashes after file: at all. (“file:” &
specialFolderPath(“resources”) & “/tFolder/tFile.hmtl”) should do it.
Also check case on folder and file names. Case matters in mobile file systems
in my experience.

Thanks Devin, but unfortunately it still doesn't work. Capitalization is
correct (all lower case.) I also tried adding the internet library and tsNet,
even though I don't use those, just to see if they were required. Still no go.

just to be sure, did you:
replace SPACE with "%20" in tPath
?

I didn't, but there are no spaces in the file name.

But I've just found something interesting. Devin was right, I don't need any slashes to read the resources folder in the apk. But I can't use it as a URL in a browser. I can use it to copy the file from the resources folder to the documents folder, but it fails if I directly set the URL of the browser widget.

  put specialFolderPath("resources") & "/tFolder/tFile" into tSourcePath
  answer (there is a file tSourcePath) -> TRUE
set the URL of widget "browser" to ("file:" & tSourcePath) -> file not found
  put specialFolderPath("documents") & "/tFolder/" into tDir
  if there is no folder tDir then create folder tDir
  put tDir & tFile into tLocalPath
  put url ("file:" & tSourcePath) into url ("file://" & tLocalPath)
  set the URL of widget "browser" to ("file://" & tLocalPath) -> OK

Maybe browsers can't read files inside packages?