Hi all.

Those familiar with storing file data in SQL blob columns please chime in if
you have any ideas. I have added a File Storage module to my SQL based app.
Mostly it works a peach, but every now and then I encounter a file that
generates some kind of error. I get "mySQL Server has gone away" when I attempt
to insert the file. I open the files for binary read so it's the raw file data
unadulterated when I insert it.

The nature of the files are typically backup information from copiers, so it's
likely they contain encryption hashes. They may also contain other data that
mySQL does not like. Any ideas? Should I be encoding the data somehow before
inserting?

Bob S