Paul:

> I have a LiveCode Script (LCS) routine that attempts to
> follow industry common algorithms for guessing the encoding
> of a text file.
> It's performance can be slower than I would like.

Howdy,

Even though LC 9 is exceedingly slow on some operations -(cough, cough, ahem, that's a topic in itself)- HOWEVER, I believe it's quite capable of satisfactory performance in this particular area without needing LCB, much less C.

Pretty sure I can optimize your legacy routine to work just fine. It simply wasn't designed for huge files, nor for LC 9's slow-mo loop speed, but that could be easily remedied with a few tweaks!

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"