So, maybe I’m an Apple fanatic but here goes…

By dropping 32-bit support Apple doesn’t need to update 2 pairs of system
libraries, as most 32-bit applications requires 32-bit libraries to work. Thus
it would also be possible to save some disk space (as I only need 64-bit). This
also means that the system doesn’t need to keep two versions of a library in
memory. I.e. I will save RAM in my machine. And of course the developers needed
to maintain the 32-bit libs can now concentrate on other things. Yes, I know
Apple has more $$$$ than several countries, but they still lack good engineers
in many areas.

But, yes, old 32-bit only versions of apps like old versions of LiveCode will
stop working. But, if you have a newer version of LiveCode there is not that
much work that needs to be done to turn your app into a 64-bit version. If you
are lucky you just do a new “Save as stand-alone”. If you are not that lucky
you might need to rewrite some code, but I must say that LiveCode have done a
great job being backwards compatible. I can still open several HyperCard stacks
in LiveCode!

On top of that you I can run older versions of MacOS in a virtual machine (like
Parallels Desktop) if I really need to. Or I can keep an old installation on a
separate hard drive and boot from that when needed.

Just installed Catalina, so tomorrow I might think totally different ;)

:-Håkan