I've been building Android apps using my iMac for some time. However, yesterday
I started to get an error message "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_VERSION_DOWNGRADE]"
when I try to build an Android standalone app. Any ideas what's causing this
and how to fix it?

Separately I'd like to be able to build Android apps on my 15in MacBook Pro so
I can do on-the-fly fixes when out and about. However I can't find up-to-date
instructions for installing Android support. Some searches produce various
suggestions including LiveCode tutorials about setting up a Mac to work with
LiveCode and Android but they all seem to be out of date and contradict each
other. In addition there's no advice for how to get to a clean state of Java
and Android.

Can anyone point to up-to-date details for setting up a Mac to create Android
apps with minimal installation of supporting technologies, both as a clean
set-up and how to clean up JDK and SDK support if necessary?

Thanks

Peter
--
Peter Reid