Hi all,

macOS 10.14.6, LC 9.5

I have a file created with BBEdit with this content:
<title>-</title>
</head>
Then I set the url of a browser widget to that file.
All fine so far...

Now I want to add some more text with umlauts to that file:
put the htmltext of widget "browser" into tText
## Looks exactly like the above in the debugger!

put "<p>ööääüü</p>" & CR before line -1 of tText
## Last line is the footer -> </body></html>
## And when I set the HTMLtext of widget "browser" to tText, all is fine, too
set the htmltext of widget "browser" to tText

## Then I do:
put textencode(tTExt,"UTF8") into url("file:" & specialfolderpath("desktop") &
"/test.html")

When I now load that file into the widget:
set the url of widget "browser" to (specialfolderpath("desktop") & "/test.html")
Umlauts are gone like -> äÄüÜöÖßßß or worse

If I paste the same content (of tText copied from LC) in BBEdit and save the
file it looks great
in the browser widget and Safari.

What am I missing or doing wrong?
Clueless... :-/