Or better yet: -- No error checking, assumes parameters are correct. Also not
tested. :-)
on exportScaledImage pSourceFile, pDestFile, pScaleFactor, pFormat
## My good ol' banana, older users of MC might remember that one :-D
set the filename of the templateimage to pSourceFile
## This was a know (to me) feature
put the formattedwidth of the templateimage into tFW
put the formattedheight of the templateimage into tFH
## Now you can apply some "rule of three" to scale the image while
preserving its ratio
## I'll leave that up to you... :-)
## I cheated a bit:
set the width of the templateimage to round(tFW * (pScaleFactor /100))
set the height of the templateimage to round(tFH * (pScaleFactor /100))
## But this one really suprised me:
switch pFormat
case "JPEG"
export the templateimage to file (pDestFile) as JPEG
break
case "BMP"
export the templateimage to file (pDestFile) as BMP
break
case "PNG"
export the templateimage to file (pDestFile) as PNG
break
end switch
reset the templateimage
end exportScaledImage
> On Oct 30, 2019, at 13:13 , Klaus major-k via use-livecode
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> we know that "the templatexxxxxx" is a very helpful thingie.
>
> But I was really surprised that we can even EXPORT something
> from the templateimage until I tried this:
<snip>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[email protected]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode