"...* table-style datagrid and each row includes an option menu *

*button"*

I assume you mean that your DG table has a column that contains an option
menu button (which, of course, appears in each row).

Edit the default column behavior of the column that contains the option
button.
Edit the FillinData handler to include something like

If conditionA then
set the text of button 1 of me to the text of field "OptionText1"
else
set the text of button 1 of me to the text of field "OptionText2"
end if

Don't forget to refresh the data grid.

Tested; works!

Regards,