Richmond wrote:

> Antti wrote:
>> https://education.github.com/pack
>
> I have just had a look at that webpage and wonder why you are asking
> that question.
>
> That page states this:
>
> "That's why we created the GitHub Student Developer Pack with some of
> our partners and friends: to give students free access to the best
> developer tools in one place so they can learn by doing."
>
> So, I, for one would not expect a link to LiveCode to be there.
>
> I would expect links to LiveCode's "partners and friends," which is
> exactly what you find there.

Which ones there have a relationship with LiveCode?

It's an odd list if it's supposed to be for open source in education. DataDog, Netwise, Luminati, Netlicensing and others there are clearly enterprise tools. Excellent, but not the sort of things high-schoolers are likely to use. Heck, if they're going to go there why not toss Kubernetes onto the list? :) And I have no idea how Xojo is on a Github list at all, since AFAIK nothing in their lineup is open source.

> Here's a link to LiveCode: https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/
>
> I would recommend version 9.5.1 Community Stable to get started with.

Seconded.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems