On 3/2/2020 4:04 PM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
Out of curiosity, has anyone created a library that will import  - the parts of a Powerpoint presentation that can be recreated in Livecode -  into a LiveCode stack?

Of course .pptx files are actuall just ZIP archives with assorted XML files inside, while there is a path to importing .pptx files, it is not simple. Use revZIP to open the .pptx file, use revXML (or your howm grown xml parser) to extract the XML for each slide (each a separate file in the archive) and rectreate those slide elements support in LiveCode.

So, I know HOW to do it.

I am asking if any one has already built such a library (or even started it)?

I should preemptively add that I am not looking for the slides to be imported as images. The whole purpose of parsing the pptx file's XML is to convert the presentation into LiveCode elements (imported objects like 'image' for any art work, 'graphic' for all line drawing, and 'field' for any text, so that the LC object are then manipulable in LC.

The work is not in revZip - I've worked with it a lot. And, as Richard said, the work is not with revXML - I've used that a lot too and it work very nicely for parsing XML quickly.

The work is entirely in mapping those Microsoft XML for Powerpoint elements that can be mapped to corresponding  LC elements and mapping all the properties (colors, sizes, etc.) and coding those mapping.

A lot of Microsoft stuff can be thrown away. I don't need it as a presentation, just the information in the file. So transitions, effects, presentation timings, etc, can all be ignored.

I hate reinventing the wheel. Which is why I was asking if anyone out there may have done such a library or even started such a library. I would rather build on something existing. It you have such a library and do not want to give it away, I'd like to discuss possible licensing. If you have such a library but it is only partially complete, I'd like to discuss a collaboration.

However, if nothing has been started or no library exists, I'll just do it in-house, if we go ahead and do a library at all..