Querying the fontNames includes:

(Default)
(Styled Text)
(Menu)
(Text)
(Message)
(Tooltip)
(System)

These are not font names, but constants the engine accepts so that we can have good-looking, HIG-savvy UIs on multiple platforms.

But they're not font names. They're not fonts at all. They're engine directives.

So should they be included in the fontNames?

(Yes, I know I can exclude them. I've been doing this a while, I can do lots of things. But if a newcomer wants to make a Fonts menu or list she also needs to know the filter command, and why she needs to use it to filter out things that aren't fonts. #learnability)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems