Same as on Windows, but the difference is that Microsoft has built in drivers
for SQL Server, mySQL and some other things. The Mac does not. You have to
download the ODBC Administrator (need the 64 bit version you know) and the
drivers.

This is why I created my Socket based Client Server apps. I will have the
server reside on a Windows computer where ODBC connections are easy and built
in. Then I will have my Mac or Windows LC apps send queries via the socket
apps.

Since they encrypt both ways, it’s secure as well, and I do not have to enable
SSL on my mySQL server and futz with SSL certs.

Bob S