Graham Samuel wrote:

> Still, subject closed - I presume the mother ship has long ago decided
> not to enhance LC in this respect any time soon.

Not at all. I noticed this thread got off on the tangent of codec specifics, but never addressed your core question:

LiveCode can play all of those and more.

Just not specifically using the old audioClip method. That method was an early attempt to emulate HC's resource-fork-based SND clips, and never got past using the .au format which was popular way back in the day on the platform MetaCard was born on, Unix.

Since then audio and video support assumes richer formats of greater length than are practical with embedded media clips.

Play them as files and you should be fine.

(That is, unless you need to deploy to Linux, where the Player object started breaking a few years after the turn of the century and has gotten steadily worse since.)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems
  • MP3s Graham Samuel via use-livecode
    • Re: MP3s Richmond via use-livecode
    • Re: MP3s Richmond via use-livecode
      • Re: MP3s Mark Wieder via use-livecode
        • Re: MP3s Colin Holgate via use-livecode
        • Re: MP3s Graham Samuel via use-livecode
          • Re: MP3s Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
    • Re: MP3s Paul McClernan via use-livecode
    • Re: MP3s Jim Lambert via use-livecode