The ‘is strictly’ operators allow you to detect what the actual internal
storage type of a value is. Some things generate numbers which are stored as
int32s but most will store them as doubles - arithmetic operators included.

I don’t know what the docs say about ‘is strictly an integer’ but the operators
themselves are definitely doing as they should so the docs might need some
refinement :)

Mark

P.S. The ‘is strictly’ operators were not really added for general use as they
are tied to internal mechanisms. They were added to help with doing faithful
export of values (lcVCS way back IIRC).

Sent from my iPhone