Hi,

I’m looking at modifying my Music in the Air application to enhance its
accessibility, specifically for the sight impaired. I would be using text to
speech to make it what is called in the accessibility world-- “self voicing.”
The goal is to not only speak the text (which is the easy part in LiveCode),
but allow the user to identify and control the UI elements by a combination of
keyboard strokes and speech-to-text identification of the semantic hierarchy of
objects on the LC card.

Does anyone have experience with this before I jump in and try to invent the
wheel?

There are screen reader applications, including the built-in VoiceOver on
MacOS, and a couple of applications for Windows that work with web browsers and
certain common applications. But as far as I know, I have to script everything
to emulate a screen reader with a LC application.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Peter Bogdanoff
ArtsInteractive