On 5/6/2020 1:53 PM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
In reality, 'lock messages' is a sledge-hammer and like a sledge-hammer it can cause fallout if not wielded carefully.

Slightly off topic, but I have run into time where I wish I could lock a specific message or set of messages. Something like:

Lock messages for "mouseUp,mouseDown"

Generally, like so many many things in LiveCode, you can code this with a flag in the handlers or a bunch of alternatives. However, I still find myself running into this now and then.