So many discussions of which build goes with which version of this component and that OS and workarounds for chains of dependencies...

Is this really as good as it gets when using a non-Apple dev tool?

Anyone here build iOS apps in anything other than LC or XCode - is everything out there this complicated?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems

Mike Kerner wrote:
here's an interesting note for me the next time I'm in a panic over an
annual build:
XC prior to 11 won't run on catalina (maybe 10 will, so maybe pretend I
said "10" back there).  On your machine, you'll see the circle-slash
through the icon for xcode 9.x, which means apps that you built with LC 8.x
aren't going to get their annual rebuild if you don't hold your breath and
move to LC 9, right?
Nope.  It turns out you can still build in catalina with LC 8.x and XC9.
You just can't run XC9.  That was a pleasant surprise after doing our
annual rebuild broke one of our apps on "older" (2018 era) ipads that are
stuck in ios 9.x
***BUT*** that build config causes the app to fail on newer versions of ios.