Colin:
Probably HTML5 would be better, ultimately. But, I look at the HTML5 postings,
limitations, and quirks and it would most likely require me to become an expert
in javascript and various server technologies that put me over the interest
level that would be required. I’m fine with programming in livecode, but I
don’t think the payoff for me to get into HTML5 is worth what I would get out
of it. My programming is a combination of personal apps that I can use (like
managing my 6 water meters and fruit tree drip system) and updating a plate
tectonics app that students at UCSB use. My two sons are both 5’th grade
teachers, one of whom uses chromebooks in his school, so collaborating with him
on a nice app for his students is attractive, but only so far.

Thanks, Colin for your suggestion, though.
Best,
Bill

William A. Prothero
https://earthlearningsolutions.org