On Jul 23, 2011, at 3:48 AM, Serge Brami wrote:
I try to get the contents of a revbrowser window and paste it into a livecode field
the web page is a banking chart

first I select manually the text in the revbrowser window

Then I Use revbrowserGet selected put the contents into myvariable and paste it into a field (using :set the htmltext of field myfield to myvariable)
the problem is that all the return characters disappears

Even if i copy manually the text and paste it directly in a field i get the same thing If I copy the text manually and paste it into a Word processor software it works fine the return characters don't disappear

You have not specified which platform, but try this test

on checkReturns
   if the clipboardData contains numtochar(13) then
      answer "Found char 13, a return on a Mac"
   end if
 if the clipboardData contains numtochar(10) then
      answer "Found char 10, a return in Rev/ Unix"
   end if
 if the clipboardData contains CRLF then
      answer "Found char 1310, a return-line feed in Windows"
   end if
 if the clipboardData contains "<br" then
      answer "Found <br"
   end if
 if the clipboardData contains "<p" then
      answer "Found char <p"
   end if
end checkReturns

Also, look up CRLF in the dictionary.
Another factor in Html is that the <br> may be a tag that is used to create the effect of a return char on the web page.

A word processor program is designed to do many conversions for the user's convenience, such as clipboard conversions of text and graphics.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas