On Jul 6, 2020, at 9:41 AM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode
<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> On 06/07/2020 17:19, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
>> There's a button at the lower right of the window that allows you to select
>> which messages are suppressed. The default is to suppress unused messages
>> but you can change that. IDE messages aren't shown by default either and you
>> can add your own if you want.
>>
> Thanks Jacqueline.
>
> I tried that button, and it tells me (or seems to tell me) that the only
> 'suppressed' message is 'mousemove' (and it doesn't mention 'unused' at all -
> only 'handled' and 'not handled' - and neither of those is selected as
> suppressed). So it's a confusing 'default'.
>
> Now that I know, I will always test with a handler rather than assuming the
> Watcher is telling the truth.
>
> (Hmmm - that last line feels like I'm in an episode of Buffy, or Once Upon a
> Time, or ... :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex.

Alex,

You might try Richard Gaskin’s ‘Flight Recorder’. I use it all the time.
You can get it from his site at:
https://www.fourthworld.com/livecode/index.html
<https://www.fourthworld.com/livecode/index.html>

I have a modified version that includes a performance boost that I am not sure
are part of the original distribution.
http://www.canelasoftware.com/pub/canela/4W_FlightRecorder.rev.zip
<http://www.canelasoftware.com/pub/canela/4W_FlightRecorder.rev.zip>

Best regards,