Hello all,

This is because MySQL 8 supports a stronger authentication method based on
SHA256, and this method is used by default.

LiveCode (as well as some other MySQL connectors/clients) do not support
this authentication method yet. In this case, you could configure your
MySQL installation to use the legacy authentication (password encryption)
method.

See the suggested answers in this link:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50093144/mysql-8-0-client-does-not-support-authentication-protocol-requested-by-server/50961428

Hope this helps.