Ralph, thank for for the specific instructions. Thanks to the others
and poking around I knew some of that, but the extra info was stuff I
needed to know.

 Unfortunately, the script does not appear in the list of plugins in
the Plugin Settings dialogue. Did basic things like double check the
directory, quit and restarted the Livecode IDE, etc.

 Will keep following around with it, but if anyone has a theory off the
top of their head for the lack of the plugin showing up I would like to
hear it.