On 2/24/21 10:29 AM, Rick Harrison via use-livecode wrote:
Hi Matthias,

Ok, so Mojave is good and macOS Mail in Catalina is the problem.

I don’t know if we can come up with an LC solution work around
for this problem, or if I need to be looking at some other email
client software.  Is anyone using Thunderbird or another
program that has Rules or Filter auto-respond capability
that might work?

You're not alone:
<https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251479308>

There are a couple of work-around suggestions there, and a bug report has been filed. But they're talking about forwarding mail, not auto-responding.