From: use-livecode [mailto:use-livecode-boun...@lists.runrev.com] On Behalf
Of Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 10:04 AM
To: How to use LiveCode
Cc: Mark Waddingham
Subject: Re: License Activation

On 2021-04-12 14:58, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode wrote:
> When I started LC 9.6.1 this am I got a message that the license is
> corrupted. When I entered my username/password to re-activate I got
> this message "An error occurred while attempting to contact the
> server"
> Anyone
> else having problems?

Hi Ralph,

Are you on Windows by any chance?

If so, then do you have Kaspersky AV?

The revsecurity.dll is being flagged as suspicious and being quarantined
- we have got Kaspersky to re-evaluate this (several times in fact!) so it
should be okay now, but you might have to update you Kaspersky virus
definitions and/or get your local install to un-quarantine it. Indeed, you
may have to reinstall 9.6.1 :|

Hope this helps!

Mark.

--