On 4/20/21 9:12 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

Works fine here too:

set the wholeMatches to true
put trueWordOffset("BT", "foo btn")
   => 0

set the wholeMatches to false
put trueWordOffset("BT", "foo btn")
   => 2

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

P.S. Remember wholeMatches is a handler-local property not global - I only mention that because it sounds like it isn't actually the value you think when you are calling trueWordOffset.

nvm.
Actually this was a side effect of another function.

The truewordOffset function is indeed doing what it should, and I'm quite relieved to find that this was just an error in my own code.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com