Devin,

Thank you for the link below. I find it interesting that Scott did not use any of the "drag" messages for dragging a line within a field. He did use the rarely used "before mouseDown", "before mouseMove" and so one to capture various mouse messages related to drag actions and coded the drag and drop behavior there.

One thing I have noted is that in LC 9.6.2 STABLE "dragMove" is only sent while the mouse is moving. "mouseMove" is similar. Scott used in his sample stack a "send in time" action to keep autoscrolling smooth if the drag action required the field to autoscroll. I would have hoped there was a better way to autoscroll a field during a drag operation within the field in LC, but apparently not.

I guess I will need to adapt the "send xxx in 80ms" trick for smooth autoscrolling during a drag to my code.

Thank you for the pointer to Scott's sample stack!