Either I'm doing something wrong or both matchChunk and matchText are broken.

For example using matchChunk:

local tStartPos, tEndPos
put empty into tStartPos
put empty into tEndPos

put matchChunk("hello world how are you", "\ ho[a-z]", tStartPos, tEndPos) into
itMatches

put itMatches & "|" & tStartPos & "|" & tEndPos & "|"

The output is:  true||| - in other words a match is found but the positions are
not being returned in the variables tStart and tEnd

I get the same behaviour from matchText, ie it correctly finds or not the
patterns I'm looking for but I don't get the positions (matchChunk) or text
(matchText).

These seem to be fairly fundamental and frequently used functions that should
just work. Which is why I'm assuming that I'm doing something wrong!

Please can anyone correct me (or confirm the fault)?

Thanks

Peter
--
Peter Reid