Yes, and this is really disconcerting. Not sure how many Mac vs. PC devs there
are for LC, but I suspect it's weighed heavily towards Mac. I think in
retrospect, it may have been better to retain UTF-8 as an option, that is be
able to select unicode or not in an app. But I suspect that would be a lot of
bloat in the IDE.

Bob S