Hi folks,
I’m struggling to access the value from a Tree View widget’s data array as the
hilitedElement changes - though I think my issue is more about working with
arrays than the Tree View widget.

The following test script (on the Tree widget) successfully gets the Tree’s
arrayData into tTreeData and creates a ‘correct-looking’ nested array key
syntax for any changing tHilitedElement.

However, the last line displays the tHilitedElement variable string in the
message box rather than concatenating it to tTreeData as the nested key to
return the element’s value.

on hiliteChanged

put the hilitedElement of me into tHilitedElement

if char -1 of tHilitedElement is comma then delete char -1 of tHilitedElement

replace comma with quote & "][" & quote in tHilitedElement

put "[" & quote before tHilitedElement

put quote & "]" after tHilitedElement

put the arrayData of me into tTreeData

put tTreeData & tHilitedElement

end hiliteChanged

I’ve tried various forms of brackets around the tHilitedElement variable
containing the nested key string with no success - what am I doing wrong?

TIA.
Best,
Keith