This equation for the lemniscate, (x^2+y^2)^2 = 100*(x^2-y^2) is an example of
a 2 variable function f(x,y). I am trying to figure how to plot such functions
in LC. I can do simple functions like y = f(x) and x = f(t), y = f(t).
Calculators such Good Grapher on the Mac do these f(x,y) functions with
apparent ease. How?

The only thing I’ve come up with so far is to imbed a y-repeat loop within an
x-repeat loop where for each value of x (within a certain range), every value
of y (within a certain range) is tested for the equation being true. If true, a
point is generated in a point list of a polygon. I think, in principle, this
should work and with persistence, I might be able make it work, but so far, no
cigar.

Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Roger