To build a Mac App, you need to have Xcode tools on your Mac. You don't need to
use them. You don't even need to know about them. They just have to be there.
If you've never installed Xcode they won't be there. See this lesson:

https://lessons.livecode.com/m/4603/l/1353263-i-m-getting-an-error-when-trying-to-save-as-standalone-on-mac

<https://lessons.livecode.com/m/4603/l/1353263-i-m-getting-an-error-when-trying-to-save-as-standalone-on-mac>

Best Regards,

Heather