On 3/3/22 2:00 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode wrote:
But what prevents you from loading all your data into an array?  and just
iterating over the keys or index of an array?  vs the lines of a long list.?
That will yield the fastest performance.

Right, it's an array, and I don't iterate. I just check the array key directly
for a value.

I realize I'm kind of monopolizing things here. I wrote the game for myself and I ignored the speed issues and just played it on my tablet where it works fine, but now someone else wants to include it in a distributed app so I need to figure it out.