On 3/30/2022 4:13 PM, Craig Newman via use-livecode wrote:
A way I have always used was developed back in the HC days. Assuming you have your
list in the variable “yourList"

sort lines of yourList by word 1 of each & word 2 of each & word 3 of each

I used single letters as an example, but my text is tab delimited and each cell is moderately long text.

I think using "word 1 of each & word 2 of each & word 3 of each" or "item 1 of each & item 2 of each & item 3 of each" concatenates all 3 "cells" together and sort by that string of characters. I think this could result in an invalid sort order of, for example, item 2 started with words found at the end of some items 1's.