Do you need to be in front of the running machine ?

Could you maybe video the machine going through its sequence - then record your voice-over later (either muting or turning down the machine audio, whichever is better) ?

(Or, to put it another way, I have no real idea :-) but I'm sure Heather can help you.

Alex.