Monte Goulding wrote:

> ...there has never been any intention of supporting the properties
> for widgets as far as I’m aware...

If the company wants widgets to be seen as first-class citizens, a little more conformity with existing object syntax would go a long way to making that happen.

It's possible for the engine to derive a set of widget properties. If it's not also possible to map that into how "the properties" works that would be very enlightening.

FWIW I've had requests to update my 4W Property Sheet tool to special-case for widgets. I tell people I'll take widgets seriously when the company does, and if they do I won't need to update my tool because the existing call to "the properties" that works for everything else will work for widgets.

Maybe I've been overestimating the importance of widgets to LC Ltd. Guidance welcome.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems