Hello Klaus,

You do not have to use the latest version of Xcode if your goal is to be
able to deploy to the latest version of iOS.

This is the reason we have not moved (yet) to a newer Xcode version - you
can still use Xcode 13.2 to build apps that will run not only on devices
running the current most recent iOS version but also on future iOS versions.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Panos