Not quite.

It is dependent on the value of "casesensitive".

If you do

set the casesensitve to true

then the keys are different (i.e. Ddt  would NOT replace the existing value for ddt)

but if it is false (which it would be by default) thne DDt and ddt are teh same.

[Only tested on 10.0.0 DP4 - but I think that's how it's always been]

Alex.

on mouseup
   local tA
   put 1 into tA["a"]
   put "1" && the keys of tA &CR after msg
   set the casesensitive to true
   put 2 into tA["A"]
   put "2" && tA["a"] && the keys of tA &CR after msg
end mouseup