Ha, I just realized that I responded to the Navigator part of the
conversation without responding to the style part. When I wrote the
"convert a control(s) to behaviors" code, I didn't think twice about what
to apply it to or not -- I selected everything and converted it all. That
was something like five or six years ago, and: Navigator, which I work on
seriously, is all behavior scripts. Everything else, which is *not*
serious, is zero behavior scripts. I think it needs to be a setting at the
IDE level for behaviors to be a thing (for me).

For the original question, I always put code in the control that's doing
the work, unless it's shared. So utility routines and functions in the
card, regular code in the button.