Hello Dan,

Ah I see. Hmm. Nope, we do not use "NotificationCompat".

How are you sending the notifications? Are you using the Firebase Console?
if yes, I am wondering if you could just provide an image in the
"Notification Image (optional)" field here:

https://console.firebase.google.com/u/0/project/pushnotificationtestlc965/notification/compose

Kind regards,
Panos