Hi all,

I have just updated the sample stack "sub-to-srt" to now convert YouTube's
transcripts (sbv extension) to set files.

Perhaps it is age, but I am increasingly finding it difficult to catch all the
words spoken in videos.
The LivdCode videos posted on YouTube being a case in point. Although I have
subscribed to most of the "global" events, and watch them when I can given the
timezone differences, I find myself usually waiting until they are posted in my
account page.
Previously I would then download the YouTube version in order to have closed
captions.
Unfortunately the apps I use to download YouTubes no longer capture the
captions.
However while on YouTube you can show the transcript and copy the text.
Doing so and saving the text file with a ".sbv" extension the "sub-to-srt"
stack will now convert this into a correctly formatted ".srt" file which most
media players can access.

I use "sub-to-srt" as a standalone app on my Mac.

To see the transcript of a YouTube video;
Turn on captions, if not already turned on. It's the "CC" icon at the bottom of
the video.
Click the gear icon to adjust any available settings.
At the end of the line of icons with "like" "dislike" etc you will see an
ellipsis "…"
Click on this and select "show transcript".
It will appear to the right of the video.
Simply select and copy the text.

James