Hello Dan,

Thanks. You can open the Console app (/Applications/Utilities/Console),
choose the current Mac in the Devices section (at the left) and filter the
logs based on the standalone app id. The logs are showing in real time, so
in your standalone app trigger a "answer page setup" command and check at
this point if anything "suspicious" appears at the logs, such as an
exception, an error or such.

Hope this helps

Kind regards,
Panos