For anyone struggling with Android adaptive icons, or who like me doesn't want to deal with Android Studio just to make a single icon, I found this:

https://easyappicon.com/

It does work and is quick and easy. The Android icons are all placed in a single folder and I think you can probably just point the Standalone Settings to that folder, though I renamed it "res" in case LC is looking for the Android Studio naming convention.

It also makes iOS icons which seem to come along automatically. Those are all in a second folder which you can ignore, trash, or use for cross platform development.

I tried several different online icon utilities and this one worked best for me.