Mark,

Thanks for clarifying!

On 12/20/2022 1:10 PM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
Finally click button B2 on stack S2 - the one which changes the defaultStack in a pending message... Then observe an error - this is the case Paul describes.

I must have had some of the above going on - some instances where the defaultStack was being explicitly set. With 100K+ lines of code, I even miss things with searches! I thought it was the waits but it must be waits along with code that changes the default stack. We've just been making all object references fully qualifies which has seem to address the problem, but, based on this information, I'll search the code for explicit instances where code changes the defaultStack.

If someone switches to another applications (so a suspendStack is executes and does the currently executing script get suspended?) and then back to a different window/stack, could that also change the defaultStack for the currently executing script when it resumes? It's just another real=world user behavior we see with people using our research tool.