Hi all,

I created a new app and cannot sign it!?

I did this:
<https://developer.android.com/studio/publish/app-signing>
-> Generate an upload key and keystore
and generated a *.jks file.

Then I selected this key file in LC, and at the end of the signing process
LC told me that the keystore file had the wrong format!?

Then I renamed the key to *.keystore
And LC told me again that this was the wrong format of the key file?

What am I missing?
Thank you for any hint!

P.S.
I had published my earlier app successfully to the Google Play Store with a
selfsigned key in "Android Studio" as shown in:
<https://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/32674-how-do-i-create-a-self-signed-certificate-for-an-android-app>

When I later wanted to upload an update, Google told me that I did not use the
correct key for signing???
So I read up everthing about this and came to create an UPLOAD key, so I could
use this later for any further
updates of the app.

However that failed so far, see above...

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major