I use Thunderbird. Like Matthias, I set up a rule to move list mail into a subfolder where I can sort by date, author,, subject, or any other attribute. It supportsl threading. There are several layouts you can use depending on how you like to organize and view mail. You can color-code emails automatically on arrival, or manually if you want to mark one for special reasons. You can drag-drop mail from one folder to another even across accounts.

There are a lot of options so you can customize it however you want.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jac...@hyperactivesw.com