1- add folder of PDFs in Standalone Application Settings > Copy Files (in my
case this appears as “files/*”)
2- add a Browser widget to your stack
3- set the filename of the widget to your local PDF file path

put "/files/" into tBasePath
put “SomeLocalFile.pdf" into tFileName
put tBasePath & tFileName into tPath
put specialFolderPath("resources") & tPath into tURL
set the fileName of widget “Browser" to tURL

—Andrew Bell