I believe this is a bug/feature of the browser widget being a native control.
What has worked for me is being more specific about the snapshot location.

      export snapshot from rect globalRect(the rect of widget “Browser" of
group “foo") to pictVariable as PNG

This has worked in macOS and Windows standalones for a current project. Hope
that helps!

—Andrew Bell