On 2023-09-14 18:49, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
But I'm using a Mac and it looks like that tool is not available here in the SDK tools folder.
Maybe available somewhere in "Android Studio".

And my problem NEVER happened when I'm at home, only during band rehearsals and gigs! :-D

So this is perhaps the most useful observation...

This could suggest there is a either a difference in usage, or environment between the two places. e.g.

  - is the app used more / for longer at gigs compared to home?
  - how is the tablet powered at home vs at gigs?
- how does the tablet connect to the internet at home vs at gigs? (even if the app does not use the internet, lots of background stuff on Android *does*) - when the problem happens is there anything specific you can think of in common with what you were doing / the app was doing / the device was doing just before? (e.g. does it happen just after the device has gone to sleep).

The fact it is 'hanging' suggests there is something (on startup?) which is failing and causing an infinite loop.

Is there anything in the startup code for the app which waits for something to happen? e.g. an network request, something to initialize etc.?

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

P.S. If you send your app's source to supp...@livecode.com with a rough outline of where to look for startup code etc. then Panos and I can take a quick look and see if we can see anything which may be causing your issue.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Build Amazing Things