While not directly applicable, you may be able script it similar to using a CAC.

DOD uses Smart Cards for authentication and you can have command line tools use
the card for authentication (runas /smartcard program).  What happens is that
you get a pop up from the system to choose cert and enter PIN.  A similar
process may be possible.

Brian Milby
br...@milby7.com