"a few weeks" was also last october, then november, then last december.
i get it, i'm starting to sound like one of the grumpy old guys.
i'm also one who threw down for an html5 license (waiting for it to be
usable), and paid for a compiler license, what, eleven months ago?
i used to dismiss all the folks who complained about lc-forever, or
ic-reinvented, or whatever the campaign was from was it a decade ago when
lc went OSS? it can't be a decade ago.
unfortunately, the fact is that the sales pitches, year-after-year, are all
pay now, get later, and we seem to be left waiting, each time.

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 2:24 PM J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> On 10/11/23 10:28 AM, William Prothero via use-livecode wrote:
> > However, the development process would need an interface that works in a
> well documented,
> > straightforward way
>
> Right. I tried LC Create for a few days but without documentation I didn't
> get very far. I
> couldn't figure out what syntax to use on all the new widgets and after
> some hours I gave up.
>
> Every new control should have at least a list of messages/functions it
> uses. Without that,
> about all you can to is play with layouts for now. That's not an
> insignificant thing, but it is
> limiting.
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jac...@hyperactivesw.com